We have decided that we are going to do a Kickstarter after many of you have asked for a way to support the project. The decision wasn’t made lightly but we do think an infusion of a little capital into the project could provide a lot of benefits.
So as a fan of Tabletop Forge what will Kickstarter funds allows us to do:
- Pay for server costs of webserver, cloud engine storage, and other associated app costs.
- Purchase art resources (maps, tilesets, tokens) for use directly in the app!
- Purchase/access to code libraries that could greatly speed up some development features.
- Bring aboard other talented UI and web developers to help us bring features into the app faster and approach a public release.
- And finally just to support Charles and I for the work done already and all that we plan to do in the future.
Please note that Tabletop Forge is still going to a be a free app once released and that isn’t going to change.
We are currently working on some fun things for the various reward levels and as soon as those details are worked out we will announce a date but we hope to launch in the next few weeks.